Snow days are fun, right?! Even as adults we understand how magical that first snow day is. Until we are cooped up with our kids for hours on end.
Sure, we can build snowmen and make snow angels until the cows come home; but how would you like to switch it up a bit? There is nothing like a new, fun activity that you can do outside to spice things up and keep your family entertained. Try out this DIY snow paint the next time Jack Frost hits your neighborhood; it’s cheap, easy and can even be educational!
Snow Paint Instructions
- Plastic squeeze bottles (I found these on Amazon)
- Liquid food coloring
- Place a few drops of food coloring in each bottle. One color per bottle, unless you are mixing a new color.
- Carefully add water to each bottle leaving about one inch of space from the top.
- Replace the lid and cap and swirl until mixed.
- Store somewhere safe (food coloring will stain) until the snow comes.
- Let your kids get creative by creating designs, squiggles, and pictures in the snow!
Snow paint is a great educational, outdoor activity. Practice colors and shapes with your toddlers, or practice reading, spelling and writing with your older kids. Play tic-tac-toe or draw a maze on the snow. The options are endless.